18.01.2023: UK Music has announced the dates of its annual Music Academic Partnership (MAP) tour.
The tour sees a range of music professionals visiting the MAP institutions to meet and inspire students.
MAP is a ground-breaking collaboration between educational institutions and the membership of UK Music.
The first session takes place on January 31, at University of Central Lancashire and will see students from the university and local colleges attend a panel discussion and experience a tour of the facilities. There will also be a networking event at The Ferret.
The panel will be chaired by UK Music’s Director of Education & Skills Dr Oliver Morris, with some amazing industry voices providing inspiration and support to the students: artists Dirty Freud and Lady Ice, drummer from the band LIFE Stewart Baxter, Liverpool-based music consultant Yaw Owusu, Brighter Sound’s Kate Lowes and English Folk Expo’s Tom Besford.
The MAP Tour will culminate in an the Outstanding MAP Graduate Awards (OMGs) in Liverpool on April 27. The OMGs celebrate the best of the MAP network graduates in the music industry. The evening will see nominees and academics joined by UK Music’s Futures Group to celebrate their achievements.
A full list of dates are below:
- University of Central Lancashire in Preston – January 31
- Birmingham City University – February 15 (Careers Day)
- Launchpad Leeds panel with Leeds Beckett & Leeds Conservatoire graduates – February 24
- University of Gloucestershire London visit – February 28
- Access Creative College week commencing March 6 (range of events all week)
- Buckinghamshire New University – March 15
- University of Liverpool – March 20
- Point Blank – April 20
*Plus more to be announced.
Over the coming months UK Music are also engaging with MAP members and Production Futures to support Production Futures On Tour. These days provide an opportunity for people interested in careers in the live events industry to meet professionals, manufacturers and training providers to find out what careers are possible.
- Confetti, Nottingham – January 23
- University of Gloucestershire, Cheltenham – March 8
- dBs Institute & Access Creative College, Manchester – May 3
Further info about Production Futures On Tour: On Tour Archives – Production Futures
For more information about MAP see here: Music Academic Partnership: MAP – UK Music.
If you are an academic institution interested in joining MAP please email Oliver.Morris [at] ukmusic.org.Back to news