As a member of the Creative Industries Council UK Music supports the Creative Industries Council Diversity Charter, which is designed to drive greater diversity across the UK’s creative industries.
The CIC Charter commits the industry to take action in eight areas to create a more diverse workforce and output that appeals to people from all backgrounds and regions of the UK. read more on the Creative Industries Council (CIC) website here.
We in the creative sector believe in people and ideas. To remain relevant, and to maintain our place as global players, we need to be inclusive in our outlook and our practice, and to draw on a diverse workforce. We will do all we can to make sure that our work, and the people who make it are fully representative of the richness, depth and diversity of the whole of the UK.
To effect meaningful change signatories of the Creative Industries Council Diversity
Charter pledge to:
1. Collect relevant and meaningful data on diversity and inclusion
2. Increase the diversity of talent pipelines at entry level
3. Promote strategies to diversify mid and senior level hiring, development, retention and promotion within member companies and suppliers
4. Improve the diversity of our output so it serves and appeals to people from all backgrounds and regions across the UK
5. Develop and set meaningful targets within our organisations and with member companies and suppliers
6. Engage leaders within our sector to champion diversity and inclusion
7. Create best practice and guidance to help our organisations, member companies and suppliers to build inclusive cultures
8. Regularly report and publish our progress to Government and the Creative Industries
Download the Diversity Charter here.