MAP is a ground-breaking collaboration between educational institutions and the membership of UK Music. Its focus is on linking industry and academia more effectively to: nurture collaborative projects such as research and careers events; inform and engage with the next generation of industry professionals; develop expert knowledge-base to feed into education & skills policy work, and; provide individuals who want to build careers out of their passion for music with extra opportunities.
Our study Measuring Music reports that in excess of 140,000 people are employed in the music industry. Many are musicians, composers, songwriters and lyricists but there are a host of other potential careers available too. Businesses in today’s modern industry are looking for an extremely qualified and skilled workforce to support music talent. Our MAP partners work hard to ensure their students are ready for a career in the music industry.
MAP is designed to maximise the relationship between the industry and the educational institutions involved. UK Music provides links and experiences that will helping the employability of the students enrolled in those institutions. Our MAP partners are future-proofing the music industry by ensuring new entrants have the right mix of experience and skills needed.
Benefits of MAP to academic institutions and students:
• Help educational institutions attract the brightest and best UK and international students, by demonstrating their close ties with the music industry
• Help ensure graduates are more employable in the music industry by offering them opportunities to participate in the industry ‘in action’
• Provide a platform for world-class collaborative research projects to address pertinent industry issues
• Provide a network to share ideas and communicate at a national and international policy level
• Help young people wishing to pursue a career in the music industry decide which courses and institution best suits their needs
• Reap the wider benefits of a long-term partnership between the music industry and educational institutions
To find out more about MAP and how to join click here