The Greater Manchester Music Review was launched on 22 June 2018. The review was chaired by Inspiral Carpets legend Martyn Walsh, BPI chair Ged Doherty and Co-Director of Crisis Management LLP Karen Boardman.
The review makes a number of recomendations to enhance Greater Manchester’s musical strengths. These recomendations have been informed by extensive consultation including three roundtables involving key music representatives from across Greater Manchester, as weel as two public surveys.
The Greater Manchester Music Review recommends:
1. Setting up a new music board
2. Establishing a talent pipeline fund
3. Establishing a global music city region
4. Protecting grassroots venues through Agent of Change
5. Incentivise bussinesses with discounted rates
6. Coordinate music education services
7. Opportunities for emerging artists
8. Inclusive networking
9. Reaching out to every corner of the city region
10. Integrating transport