The UK Music Skills Academy is a joint venture between UK Music and Creative & Cultural Skills which aims to increase collaborative working between the music industry and the education sector for the benefit of young people aspiring to work in the sector.
The Skills Academy spearheads a joined-up approach from school, college and university through to industry and creates an infrastructure to improve skills and training in the music industry.
The Academy has 6 main objectives:
1. Create a National Network of high quality music education partners
2. Improves routes into industry through apprenticeships and mentoring
3. Ensure young people have access to careers advice that is industry-relevant
4. Professionalise training for those already working in the sector
5. Nurture grass roots talent via the UK Music Rehearsal Room Scheme
6. Improve Equality & Diversity across the industry