Also known as:
What does a Research Officer do?
Ensure our members get paid the money they deserve for the music they produce
- Accountable for extensive research to enable matching, updating or creation of works, cues and productions in the PRS for Music systems
- To take ownership for decisions regarding research on items and follow best practice at all times to ensure efficient and accurate payments to members
- Work to distribution deadlines whilst meeting departmental targets for both Productivity and Quality
- To constructively challenge the status quo and recommend changes to procedures and processes that will improve efficiency
- Analyse and interpret data to be able to report inconsistencies or errors, and take responsibility for acting on findings
What’s a Research Officer good at?
Business perspective – makes calculated decisions
- Critically evaluates information to identify potential errors and checks that information is completed
- Takes responsibility for achieving objectives, highlighting potential problems in a timely way
- Uses initiative, does not wait to be told or directed
Working together – works collaboratively
- Promotes greater collaboration within own area, being proactive in offering support where it can add value
- Seeks feedback from manager, peers and customers to improve the way they work
- Shares own knowledge and expertise with others, seeing the benefits of collaboration
- Supporting progress – simplifies complexity
- Identifies more efficient ways of working that are straightforward and consistent
- Takes responsibility for understanding complex business issues by asking questions to gain clarity
- Shares experiences, information and knowledge to aid others and get them up to speed
Supporting progress – Embraces learning
- Takes opportunities to learn from their experiences, applying lessons learnt to current situations
- Tries out new experiences seeing them as an opportunity to learn
- Demonstrates a real desire to develop, challenging themselves to improve
Who does a Research Officer work with?
This is a home-based role and will connect work with colleagues in the research and quality assurance teams over Skype.
How do I become a Research Officer?
- A background in research, data analysis or process driven role is essential and an interest in music is preferred
- Previous experience of working in a target driven environment
- An ability to work on own initiative is important as this role is home-based
- Standard of literacy and numeracy equivalent to GSCE level qualification in English and Maths
- Computer literate and experience in the use of standard Microsoft Office software applications especially Word and Excel and Outlook
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good written and oral communication skills
Is the role a skills shortage?