Established in 2015, with Chair Keith Harris OBE, the Taskforce works with the music business, Government and other stakeholders to boost inclusion and diversity across the industry.
It includes representatives from the core industry sectors: major and indie record labels, music publishers, trade organisations, collection societies and the British live music industry.
In 2016, UK Music undertook the first industry-wide workforce diversity survey, focusing on gender and ethnicity. The latest survey was published in 2018.
In 2019 Keith Harris stepped down as Chair and Ammo Talwar MBE was appointed as the new Chair. The Deputy Chair of the Taskforce is Paulette Long OBE.
The UK Music Diversity Task Force will collectively improve equality and diversity across the music industry workforce with a sharp focus on gender and race.
We will achieve this by :-
• Producing a major biennial report on diversity in the music industry
• Driving change in the music industry through an evidence based approach to diversity
• Regular communication with the music industry to highlight best practice and the benefits of a diverse workforce
• Seeking to improve representation at all levels of the industry workforce, including at senior management and at Board level
• Working with trade bodies, Parliament and Government on the benefits of inclusivity to support music industry growth
UK Music Diversity Taskforce Meeting 2020