Let the Music Play: Save Our Summer 2021 report outlines a clear strategy to protect and support the multi-billion pound live music industry so it is ready to restart when safe to do so later in 2021.
It warns that the lack of Covid cancellation insurance available is the biggest barrier to major events happening in 2021, and calls for Government to introduce an insurance scheme as it did for the film and TV sector.
It comes amid mounting calls on the Government for clarity from organisers of world-leading events like Glastonbury, grassroots venue operators and the music industry’s workforce of almost 200,000 about how live music can be swiftly and safely restarted.
The key calls for action in the report are:
• An indicative date for a full capacity restart
• A Government-backed reinsurance scheme
• Targeted financial support for the sector
• Extension to the VAT rate reduction on tickets
• Rollover of the paid 2020 Local Authority licence fees for festivals to 2021
• Extension to business rates relief
Support the campaign with #SaveOurSummer2021. Assets can be downloaded here.