UK Music is undertaking a programme of research and economic analysis for the recorded and live British music industry. Music is a huge asset to this country, its culture and the economy. It defines us locally and globally.
What the industry needs is robust, independent economic data to identify current market trends and forecast future and new growth opportunities.
UK Music’s research will:
- Define the music industry, measure its size, and assess its contribution to the economy
- Examine the market to identify risks and opportunities
- Track the impact of developments such as new technologies, services, and legislation
- Monitor shifts in consumer attitudes and behaviour
- Test theories and challenge assumptions
We are working with a range of analysts, economists and statisticians from commercial and academic backgrounds.
Methodologies will be scrutinised in peer reviews at critical stages throughout.
We will publish our research and invite inspection and debate on our findings with policy makers, economists, the media and industry experts.