Please click on the appropriate nation or region on the left hand column to access specific local information.
Britain is a country that has long defined global music culture. It is key that as an industry we support music businesses, creators and talent across the UK. In late 2015, UK Music announced new responsibilities to cover music activity in Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, South, North and Central England. Dedicated UK Music staff will now work locally to coordinate activity with Government, agencies, hubs, music experts, rehearsal spaces, schools and colleges to develop and deliver optimum strategies for furthering our £4.1bn industry’s commercial and cultural success.
Revised staffing responsibilities are as follows:-
• Scotland – Eva Lamont (Event and Communication Officer) firstname.lastname@example.org
• Wales – Oliver Morris (Director of Education and Skills) email@example.com
• Northern Ireland – Jo Dipple (CEO) firstname.lastname@example.org
• South of England – Tom Kiehl (Director of Government and Public Affairs) email@example.com
• Central England – Ele Hill (Director of Operations) firstname.lastname@example.org
South of England covers London, South East and South West regions.
North of England covers North East, North West and Yorkshire and the Humber regions.
Central England covers East of England, East Midlands and West Midlands regions.
In this area, you will find information that shows the value of music in your area and why it is important to encourage business growth, apprenticeships, employment and further regional investment in music.