UK Music is an umbrella organisation representing the collective interests of the UK’s commercial music industry, from artists, musicians, songwriters and composers, to major and independent record labels, managers, music publishers, studio producers and collecting societies.
Our core goals are to promote awareness and understanding of:
- The interests of the UK music industry at all levels
- The value of music to society, culture and the economy
- Intellectual property rights and how they protect and promote creativity
- The opportunities and challenges for music creators in the digital age
UK Music works around four priority areas, these are:
- Policy and Government Relations
- Policy within the EU
Jo Dipple, CEO UK Music
Jo Dipple joined Mirror Group in 1993 as an assistant to the Group Political Editor. She was made Head of Public Affairs for Trinity Mirror Plc in 2000 where she worked until she joined the Treasury as special adviser in 2006. She moved a year later to be an adviser to the Strategic Communications Unit at Downing Street. Jo joined UK Music for the launch in October 2008 as a senior political adviser and became Chief Executive in 2012.